How might we rethink the advertising industry to work in a more human way?
How might we empower collaboration in the industry?
How might we use advertising to drive change?
Advertising as we knew it has disappeared. We are living in a time where what matters is relationships and where people have the lead. The industry has made many attempts to change, usually by adding new processes or departments, but they haven’t change their mindsets or ways of working.
I’ve worked in advertising for 12 years, helping both clients and agencies adapt to the digital world. But, after taking some time off to unlearn communications and learn innovation, I was curious about how the industry could become more human by changing the way we work. I ran research to understand the needs of leaders, employees and clients in advertising, to help them work in a more human centered way.
- Expert interviews: With industry leaders,entrepreneurs, HCD consultants
- Observation: How teams work in an advertising agency as well as understanding how spaces influences creative work and team flows.
- Analogue situations: Study and observation of design studios, education and coworking spaces.
- Extreme users: Interview with traditionally oriented leaders in the industry as well as those who have left it looking for a more meaningful way of work.
- Secondary research: books, online, articles related to the history of advertising, design, the future of work, organizational design, collaboration, teams, creativity, the future of work, teams, collaboration and creative process,
- Design thinking workshops and panel participant.